2022 Pilot Apprenticeship Programme for Private Wealth Management
Two rounds of paid summer apprenticeship for university students in the area of private wealth management. The summer apprenticeship will last at least a total of sixteen weeks in the summer of 2022 and 2023*.
Through these consecutive summer apprenticeship, university students will gain experience across a range of functions in the private wealth management industry, leading to a potential job offer upon graduation.
The aim of the Programme is to provide university students with "front-to-back" experience in the private wealth management business. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to learn about different investment products, client services, risk management, compliance and internal controls. The experience gained through this programme will provide students a solid foundation for a career in the private wealth management industry.
Participating firms include:
- Bank Julius Baer & Co. AG
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
- Bank of Communications (Hong Kong) Limited
- Bank of Singapore Limited
- Banque Pictet & Cie SA, Hong Kong Branch
- BNP Paribas
- CA Indosuez (Switzerland) SA
- Citibank, N.A.
- Credit Suisse AG
- Dah Sing Bank, Limited
- Deutsche Bank AG
- EFG Bank AG
- Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C.
- LGT Bank AG
- Nomura International (Hong Kong) Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- The Bank of East Asia, Limited
- UBS AG
*The apprenticeship period will last at least a total of 16 weeks in two summers or 8 weeks in one summer subject to performance assessment and curriculum design of the participating firms.
Full-time undergraduates in their first to third year of study, in any disciplines (not only business and finance) of the following universities are eligible to apply:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Please describe in your application why you are interested in the Pilot Apprenticeship Programme for the Private Wealth Management Industry in Hong Kong (max. 250 words).
Please indicate your areas of interest for apprenticeship placement:
- Investment Product and Services
- Risk Management
- Client onboarding / Operations
- Client Services
- For students who were unable to join the Virtual Recruitment Day, please watch the video to obtain a better understanding of the Programme
- Note that your three preferred host firms cannot be changed after the application is submitted.
- Each student can submit one application only. If you submit more than one application, your applications will be rejected.
- If you select UBS AG, your application will be considered ONLY when you apply via both the PWMA website and UBS Careers Portal by clicking here.
Online application deadline: 23:55, 5 December 2021
Due to the overwhelming response and submission of applications at the same time last night, there may have been issues with the performance of the website. We are re-opening the link again for those who couldn’t submit their applications on an exceptional basis and the new deadline for submission is 11:55pm, 6 December (tonight).
This opportunity is closed to applications.